Thursday, February 12, 2009

Judgement Day

Hey! Do you remember the times when you had this hollow feeling in your stomach, when your knees would go week, your palms and your face would become sweaty, and your heart would involuntarily start beating faster and faster in anticipation of something? Ya? Well...the most common scenario when this can happen to most of us is either when you are about to pop the question to your girlfriend, or when you are about to ask your dad for extra money. Or...isnt it exactly how you feel, just when you are about to throw up?

Well anyway, last week, I had the privilege of discovering a similar situation. Only this time my heart was literally in my mouth (okay, maybe not literally) and every nerve in my body had gone haywire and made a major mess inside!

If you happen to walk into the canteen on a typical day, you would be greeted with the sound of crunchy burgers, slurping colas and apart from people just lazing around you and usually having pointless conversations , you could see a huge line infront of the counter.
But it wasn't a typical day. No no.
My results were out! MY BLOODY RESULTS WERE OUT!!!

The air around was like a mixture of excitement, chaos, and lots and lots of talk! Every corner in the canteen was filled with people with all sorts of expressions on their faces. Some tiny guy with big glasses was particularly ecstatic! He got 97% and he had almost decided to give everyone in the canteen a treat! But alas! That never happened. Most were busy comforting their friends. Others, still had to get the news.

I sorta knew how my result would turn out this semester, but that still did not stop the sweaty hands and the shaky knees. I knew I had to go and collect my card. The universe wanted me to collect the card. There was no way I could avoid this!

With all the courage in me (and my best friend for moral support) I slowly moved towards the office. Now, I dont know if this happens in particular to me or to everyone in general, but some professors seem to get some worldly pleasure when they hand over the marksheet to students who are...well...you know...the kind that you and I would usually hang out with...not the other kind. Their faces seem to curl up with this "Ha-Ha-You-got-a-D-minus-and-ha-ha-you-are-grounded" sort of evil grin that makes me even more nervous.
As the number of poeple between my destiny (whether I would get dinner that night) and me decreased, the more I hoped for some miracle to happen and prayed that I pass in all my subjects!!

Finally. It was my turn. I stood in front of the professor.

"Whats your PRN number?"
"100", I replied.
"Hmmm..."

I am so sure I heard the devil laugh somewhere as he looked up at me once again...

"Mriganka Bhuyan?"
"Yeah"
"Here you go. Sign here please."

I signed wherever it was necessary and I grabbed the pink paper and just left the room.

Now, there are two ways to end this post. Either
1. You will find out how much I got

OR

2. You wont

Guess what happens?

1 comment:

aalapdavjekar said...

Oh tell me, tell me, tell me!!! Please!

I wasn't paying attention when you told me in real life...