Saturday, August 30, 2008

Big City Life

Pune city.
Oxford by the day and Vegas by the night.
Well…sort of.

A pensioner’s paradise, and a doper’s funland. Past the night, brown curled girls walk to a hookah joint, their drinking lips shining under the red light, while a couple of guys trail behind and race with fast bikes and flying smoke on their skin. A cosmopolitan crowd. A young cosmopolitan crowd.
The weather is awesome here. Except when it starts to rain. When it rains, riding a bike becomes a pain in the rear. And when you cant ride your bike, the city stops. For you.

You see, Pune has everything else. Big malls to keep you busy in the weekends. Gigs every month for you to mosh to. Discs every night to dance to. Abundant greenery and lakes to live sexy.
But there’s just too much serenity and beauty to live alone. To live alone without sharing it with someone. What’s a walk down a green misty road on a spring morning, when there’s no soft hand to keep you warm by the side? What’s a long drive, without someone behind to hug you close? For some, all the picture perfect sunsets behind the mesmerizing mountains, with its subtle reflection falling on a beautiful lake is probably just that. To the others, it’s a small preview of probably what heaven has to offer. A timeless and priceless picture frozen.

It’s the girl that makes all the difference.

If I were gay, I would have loved the sex ratio of our country. If the guy who said ‘there is someone for everyone’, was an Indian, he probably did not mean it in the same terms as "there is a girl for every guy"

But I like girls. They are beautiful. In fact, I think I am in the very primitive stage of being in love with a girl. That, later.
Now, lets talk about what I hate. I hate the population explosion! There’s just so much people around nowadays that you can’t even take a leak in peace! There’s not a single street in a single city that is not buzzing with the sound of the excitement of the same boring people! I hate it!
I hate it! I hate it! I hate it!
But lets not blame ‘illiteracy’ anymore. Lets blame it on the cheap condoms. Stupid cheap condoms!

No comments: