Sunday, February 13, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
So, it’s a lazy Thursday afternoon and there’s nothing like listening to some lazy country music while lazily lying on the bed and enjoying a big juicy green apple. Country music on a lazy afternoon is just as good as free high speed internet without cyberoam (which unfortunately wasn’t the case). This setting could well almost be a picture of heaven.
When I think of heaven, I just think of it as living, "the good life". A paradise where everyone you want to see, is hanging out with tall glasses of mojitos and longest island ice teas, where everyone is in a constant happy hour and obviously men don’t stutter while asking women out on a date and women don't say no. Considering that heaven has been around for a while, does it ever get updated as new people with new ideas start to roll in? Did Edison bring the light bulb? Did Gutenberg bring the printing press? And did Marconi bring the radio? If so, when I get there (being slightly optimistic), I hope there is internet.
Imagine heaven with internet. You wake up one morning in your bed made of clouds and grab your iGod (the godly version of iPad). You check your Facebook feed and see that "Abe Lincoln is reallllllllllly tired after reading by the fire all night with #Aristotle!"
Wouldn’t it be cool for people in heaven to enjoy the modern conveniences that we have on Earth?
Wouldn't it be nice for Michael Jackson to tweet @Walt Disney, "I love your work, teach me your secrets"
Walt would probably respond, "@Michael Jackson - you're bad."
And Michael would say back, "@Walt Disney - I know I'm bad, I'm bad, really. Really bad."
But of course, some in heaven would be reluctant to hop on the internet train, as most ancient people are. Napoleon's “complex” would evolve to him writing in
Now I am pretty sure some of you have already opened Google to see the results haven’t you?
Friday, September 24, 2010
Its time to write another page
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Sunday, May 23, 2010
For the second time in two days, from two different countries, a woman told me I looked cute.
I have never looked cute. Not even as a little boy did I look cute. Adorable , sure, in a ruggedly handsome little boy way, but never cute.
And while I may need a haircut in some people's opinion, my long thick, glossy flowing locks most certainly do not make me look cute.
That is of course, unless you consider a pirate clinging to the crows nest in a hard wind to be cute.It most definitely would not be on my list of descriptive words though.
No, obviously I have given this a lot of thought, you know, in that way I have, and I have come to what can only be the only conclusion...
There is something seriously wrong with women in North America. I'm just afraid that this condition may go global. I have pondered this, you know, in that way I have, and I have been unable to determine if it is an eyesight problem, or perhaps the complete inability to select the proper adjective when needed.
Nor have I been able to ascertain how they both could have caught this scary disease, or condition.One is in California, the other in Canada, neither has been within a thousand miles of each other. I'm thinking, it must be airborne.Some germlike thing floating through the sky just looking for another female to attack. Seeking yet another female, to skewer her reality and make her think I look cute.
Either way, this is serious. Once again I am very very happy to be a male.
Even if I've never been a cute one.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
1. It's Biblical. Adam got sad and lonely and so God made him a partner, enter WOMAN!! She completed man and brought forth children onto the earth, which brings me to my next point...
2. Not a SINGLE ONE OF US would be here if it weren't for women. You don't even really need to have a man present to have a kid anymore. Science has given us the ability to replace that part of the equation, but they have yet to replace the best damned incubator on the face of the planet...
3. Yes it's creepy, and gross, but they can bleed for a week and not die !!
4. Women work more than men. Now before you guys raise your eyebrows, think about it. Who says yes to you when you propose, goes through all the paperwork to change her name on her drivers license, Passport etc. who has the kid, nurses it, weans it, feeds it (most of the time), cleans it (again, most of the time), clothes it, kisses its boo boos better, helps it get ready for prom/first date, and still finds time to cook, clean, love her husband and have a career (again, generalization)?
5. Women have made more advances than men for their gender. They went from repressed, dominated weaklings, to burning bras, gaining the right to vote, fighting for and serving our country, and even running it! We have Women Chiefs of Police, Fire Marshals, Chief Justices, Presidents, Speakers for the House, Scientists, and in any other job you can imagine.
6. They're pretty and boys like it.
7. They are strong. I mean, have you ever messed with a kid in front of his mom? I did ONCE and I got chewed out, and when I got home, I got my butt whooped by my mom, and it hurt WAY worse than my dad's spankings.
8. Women are also soft. They can be hard ass career minded kick ass bitches, but at the end of the day, they do like to cuddle and talk and ease their stress, and our stress...which again leads to ...
9. They are loving. Every women, no matter how tough, has that one person that she loves more than anyone else and will sacrifice for even up to her life to make happy.
10. Boobs. ( I know! Kinda mood killer after those last too paragraphs, but they don't look good on guys. Be proud of your racks ladies!)
Do you agree with this list? Why do you think women rock?
Ladies, why do YOU think YOU rock?
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Is it a chance to get lucky? Or is it lucky to get something by chance? What’s the difference, if at all there is any? To what extent is it really feasible, to let the universe take on the role of your personal manager and trust in its ability to get you what you want? Does it justify your wait, no matter how long it is?
I believe time is one big adventure. And a big misadventure too. For what may seem like the best option at one point of time, may not necessarily be the best at another. Or at least that’s what I think. Maybe, for time to work in favour of you, all you need to do is stop thinking! Let time take you through whichever route it wants to. But what if time is waiting for directions from you? Maybe it wants you to make your own course? Deceiving? A little maybe.
Time is a tricky little obsession! Everyone has it.
“Hari, submit your work on time!”
“Guys, it’s time for dinner.”
Hell, even the next person we pass on the road will probably end up asking – “What is the time?”
The thing is, I don’t know! It keeps on changing! What if it’s just a matter of convenience? An imaginary clog in the wheel, that keeps everything in momentum.
Maybe life is a wheel. It goes exploring new ideas and adventures and when it’s done a full circle, it shows us pretty much the same things it showed us earlier. Only this time, it’s got something else sticking to it.
Guess life repeats itself. Just with different settings and characters.
Monday, September 7, 2009
I think you grow when you learn to accept some things and believe in your decisions for the best. There will be moments when you get off on the wrong side of the bed, burn your toast, get stuck in traffic all day and get an F in your paper. But in the end, life's much bigger than that.
When was the last time we simply forgot all our worries and had an awfull lot of pani puris and bhel puri instead? When was the last time we looked up at the sky. I mean REALLY look up at the sky. Not the oh-god!-why-does-it-always
Yes! We do have the power to slow down everything around us. And no. I dont mean using some molecular accelerator that increases your molecular activity. We can do all this using just our mind!
Sure! Who hasnt had their first awesome love experience? And again, who hasnt had their first awfull breakup? Who has not been embarassed by thier zips left open? Or their public farts? These things are bound to happen. They are all written in life's recipe. Instead of wondering what went wrong, just turn the page and voila! You have a new start! Its as simple as that! Maybe its also a little complicated. But its easy. Confused? Well I am. I guess blame it on the age.
I recently had a wonderful experience. And it will be one the best things I ever felt. I still feel it. And maybe sometimes you dont get the cherry. But you still have the cake! And sometimes, its the best thing that you ended up with just the cake!
Hmm...I have no idea what I wanted to say. Maybe I'll try out some new things tomorrow. Maybe I'll go bald! Or...umm...maybe I'll just wear a hat. Or learn to dance! Or find the solution to pi ! Or maybe I'll just get a breezer. After all - life tastes best when its chilled!