Sunday, May 23, 2010

A Cute Epidemic?

So I sat down this afternoon prepared to write the greatest post of all time, you know, in that way I have, when all of a sudden I became extremely worried about the mental state of women everywhere.

For the second time in two days, from two different countries, a woman told me I looked cute.

Cute.

I have never looked cute. Not even as a little boy did I look cute. Adorable , sure, in a ruggedly handsome little boy way, but never cute.

And while I may need a haircut in some people's opinion, my long thick, glossy flowing locks most certainly do not make me look cute.
That is of course, unless you consider a pirate clinging to the crows nest in a hard wind to be cute.It most definitely would not be on my list of descriptive words though.

No, obviously I have given this a lot of thought, you know, in that way I have, and I have come to what can only be the only conclusion...

There is something seriously wrong with women in North America. I'm just afraid that this condition may go global. I have pondered this, you know, in that way I have, and I have been unable to determine if it is an eyesight problem, or perhaps the complete inability to select the proper adjective when needed.

Nor have I been able to ascertain how they both could have caught this scary disease, or condition.One is in California, the other in Canada, neither has been within a thousand miles of each other. I'm thinking, it must be airborne.Some germlike thing floating through the sky just looking for another female to attack. Seeking yet another female, to skewer her reality and make her think I look cute.

Either way, this is serious. Once again I am very very happy to be a male.

Even if I've never been a cute one.

1 comment:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Looooooooool! I can well understand how detrimental it is to be called cute! One would rather prefer being called Macho, etc! :)

And here's how it usually goes "Oh you cute little.........." grrrrrr!