Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tennis Vs Pacman

I am bored, jobless and my bank account balance is nearly zero. I dont even have the money to buy shaving cream. Therefore now, I have fur growing on my face. Also, my super detergent washing powder is over. Which means I am officially out of clean clothes to wear for another couple of days. I still have my guitar though. Oh wait! My strings broken. Gaah...!!
Doesn't matter. I still have my orange juice.

So I was just browsing through the 2764757463547582576 different channels on my TV and I just came to know that world number two tennis player, Roger Federer, married his long term girlfriend, Mirka Vavrinec. Interesting eh? No? Okay.

Tennis is a funny game. It is unlike pacman you see. You cant play tennis while sitting on your couch. Or pause it to go and have a leak. Not real tennis anyway.

So I tried my hand at tennis a couple of days ago. Sure! You just have to hit the ball across the net and thats it, right? Well basically...yeah. But getting the ball across itself was a task as difficult as losing weight! For me anyway.
Heck! They even have a proper technique to holding the tennis ball! You dont just hold the ball and the racquet like how you think you would hold the ball and the racquet. Sometimes, if you are an absolute beginner and a person who absolutely loves to exaggerate things a lot, like me, there's a little rocket science involved too!

This is how you do it. Hold the tennis ball with your non-dexterous hand. This will enable you to hold the racket in your dominant hand, and be ready to hit the ball to your opponent. Now, when the ball is coming towards you, watch the flight of the ball very carefully. Make a mental note of the angle and the speed of the ball and use your high school geometry and algebra and physics to calculate the position of the ball, as to where it will be, after it has bounced and after it has stopped rising. Accordingly move to that position. Reading the flight path of the ball is vital to move to the right place. Otherwise you will miss the shot.

In Pacman, you just have to move the joystick in four different directions.

After my hugely successful round of playing tennis against my friend, in a real court, using a real net, I was promoted to play against the wall.

Yes. The wall !!



For those of you who don't know much about tennis, like me, the wall is a terrible opponent and let me tell you this - He is the best! No matter how good a player you are, he will always be better! I mean, he never gets tired. He will always return your shots. He is never at fault. He never talks. And he doesnt even get distracted by beautiful women. Or men. (I don't think he has feelings)

So naturally, I was a little frustrated with my friend for making me play against someone who doesnt even talk! I mean, who will I talk to in the middle of shots now? Instead, its just making me concentrate on my shots better! Its making me CONCENTRATE !! I can't even distract "the wall" with my funny antics! It doesnt even give me chance to do that! The other day, I was telling him a knock knock joke and I didn't even get to tell him who was on the other side of the door! He just stared blankly!

But all said and done, I can't deny the fact that I somehow still like tennis. Some of the outfits for girls are really cute! I mean REALLY cute!! :)
Besides that I kinda like hitting the balls. Everytime I hit it, with my racket of course, I get this weird pleasure of having really accomplished something! You should try it out too! With a racket of course.

But I'd still prefer to sip on a glass of orange juice, while I settle down on the couch in my non-clean clothes and unshaven face to play the best game ever - Pacman.



Anyday.

4 comments:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Pacman for the lazy me......much better than having to move around and work it on hot sweltering summer days!

Wormy said...

lol! that was nice.
After all this, I feel proud to say pacman is better than any other sport anytime... anyday! I mean who wishes to return home all drenched in that sweat.. [especially when one has finished off his detergent powder! ;)]

U write well buddy! U are blog-rolled!

TaDa

Jeet said...

Bingo !!
Would never leave my couch for anything! Unless...ofcourse you offer me a better couch :)

Jeet said...

@ Shwetz

Thanks so much!! I got new detergent powder now. :)