Thursday, February 10, 2011

Internet In Heaven


So, it’s a lazy Thursday afternoon and there’s nothing like listening to some lazy country music while lazily lying on the bed and enjoying a big juicy green apple. Country music on a lazy afternoon is just as good as free high speed internet without cyberoam (which unfortunately wasn’t the case). This setting could well almost be a picture of heaven.


Heaven.
When I think of heaven, I just think of it as living, "the good life". A paradise where everyone you want to see, is hanging out with tall glasses of mojitos and longest island ice teas, where everyone is in a constant happy hour and obviously men don’t stutter while asking women out on a date and women don't say no. Considering that heaven has been around for a while, does it ever get updated as new people with new ideas start to roll in? Did Edison bring the light bulb? Did Gutenberg bring the printing press? And did Marconi bring the radio? If so, when I get there (being slightly optimistic), I hope there is internet. 



Imagine heaven with internet. You wake up one morning in your bed made of clouds and grab your iGod (the godly version of iPad). You check your Facebook feed and see that "Abe Lincoln is reallllllllllly tired after reading by the fire all night with #Aristotle!" 
Wouldn’t it be cool for people in heaven to enjoy the modern conveniences that we have on Earth? 
Wouldn't it be nice for Michael Jackson to tweet @Walt Disney, "I love your work, teach me your secrets" 
Walt would probably respond, "@Michael Jackson - you're bad." 
And Michael would say back, "@Walt Disney - I know I'm bad, I'm bad, really. Really bad."

But of course, some in heaven would be reluctant to hop on the internet train, as most ancient people are. Napoleon's “complex” would evolve to him writing in ALL CAPS SO PEOPLE THOUGHT HE WAS TOUGH. Also, Ponce De Leon would probably not approve of the explicit sites that come up when he types, "Fountain of Youth" in a Google search.

Now I am pretty sure some of you have already opened Google to see the results haven’t you?

1 comment:

Rakesh Vanamali said...

You've already sold me the idea of going to heaven and I'm looking forward to go! ;-)